This project aims to support unemployed people who are furthest from the labour market to overcome barriers to move towards and into sustainable volunteering, education, training or employment in Essex.
Coaching: resilience; employability skills;
Tailored careers guidance to develop realistic job goals; CV creation/ tailoring; job-matching; workplace behaviours; employer expectations..
Access to accredited training to address skills gaps including Basic Skills, ESOL; discretionary budget for certificated training/development activity not available elsewhere to raise aspiration
Start-UPs: Information,advice guidance via Ixion’s Develop/Grow Your Enterprise training programmes
Debt advice via National Debtline, Money Advice Service and local partners; understanding/ accessing credit; Better Off Calculation to ascertain viable hours/earnings and Universal Credit conditionality thresholds
Volunteering and work placements:
to build skills including tasters to inform career guidance and supported placements with volunteer mentors.
Confidence building, life skills, tailored support e.g. opportunities for ethnic minority groups with ESOL needs to practice language skills through group visits to key employers.
Develop sector routeways with key employers offering progressive routeways tailored for participants, and develop Skills Academies in regional growth sectors
A pilot project with Langley House Trust to provide accommodation for people with severe housing need with embedded coaching and support.
action planning and three months’ practical support to promote sustainability including childcare.
• Unemployed or economically inactive
• Age 19 or older (or young people who are aged 16–29 and who are not in education, employment or training (NEET) and young people aged 15-18 who are NEET or at risk of becoming NEET)
• Legally resident in the UK and able to take paid employment in EU member states
The project will have a specific focus on individuals who are out of work due to difficulty sustaining employment. This includes, but is not limited to:
• People facing multiple disadvantages in accessing the labour market, particularly those with multiple personal issues (eg: Health, Deaf or hearing impaired people, Learning difficulties and disabilities, Ex-offenders)
• People from BAME communities who are unable to sustain employment;
• People with housing difficulties who are unable to sustain employment;
• parents in workless households who are unable to sustain employment.
Southend-on-Sea: Kursaal, Victoria, Milton
Basildon: Vange, St Martins, Lee Chapel North, Fryerns
Thurrock: Tilbury Riverside & Thurrock Park, Tilbury St Chads
Harlow: Little Parndon & Hare Street, Todbrook, Netteswell, Great Parndon, Sumners & Kingsmoor
Jaywick: Golf Green
Clacton: Pier, Alton Park, Rush Green, St James, St Marys
© 2017 Ixion Holdings (Contracts) Ltd | www.ixionholdings.com