This project aims to support unemployed people who are furthest from the labour market to overcome barriers to move towards and into sustainable volunteering, education, training or employment in Stoke on Trent & Staffordshire
Click on each logo below
Contact Name : Manuela Rossmar Email : email@example.com Tel : 0845 688 2525
Stoke-on-Trent city council contact
Contact Name : Michelle Askey Email : firstname.lastname@example.org Tel : 01782 231217
Coaching: resilience; employability skills;
Problem solving, decision-making, coping strategies and health condition management; resilience; employability skills; careers guidance to develop realistic job goals; CV creation/tailoring; employer expectations.
Communication, employability skills, workplace behaviours; access to accredited training to address skills gaps including Basic Skills, ESOL; discretionary budget for certificated training/ development activity not available elsewhere to raise aspiration.
Understanding: accessing credit; Better Off Calculation re viable hours/ earnings. Universal Credit conditionality thresholds; gambling/debt advice; access to support via National Debtline, Money Advice Service & local partners
Start-Up's: Information, Advice & Guidance via Ixion’s Develop / Grow Your Enterprise training programmes
Volunteering and work placements:
To build skills including tasters to inform career guidance and supported placements with volunteer mentors.
Health & wellbeing 1:1/group sessions, including community sports, cycling/walking projects, substance misuse interventions.
Skills development 1:1/group workshops including peer supported Work Clubs; proactive job-matching.
Sessions and workshops offered to all participants from hardest-to-help groups including NEETs, 50+ years, ethnic minority groups.
Action planning and three months’ practical support to promote sustainability including childcare.
• Unemployed or economically inactive
• Age 19 or older (or young people who are aged 16–29 and who are not in education, employment or training (NEET) and young people aged 15-18 who are NEET or at risk of becoming NEET)
• Legally resident in the UK and able to take paid employment in EU member states
• People with disabilities or long-term health conditions
• People who are 50+
• People from BAME communities
• People with low skills or qualifications
• People who live in areas of high unemployment
• Young people who are NEET (Not in Education or Employment) and Particular focus on long-term/older NEET's
• Residents of large social housing schemes
Stoke-on-Trent: Bradeley & Chell Heath, Burslem Central, Little Chell & Stanfield, Tunstall, Abbey, Hulton & Townsend, Bentilee & Ubberley, Blurton West & Newstead, Etruria & Hanley, Baddeley, Milton & Norton, Fenton West, Mount Pleasant and Meir North
Newcastle-under-Lyme: Chesterton, Cross Heath, Holditch, Keele, Knutton, Silverdale & Parksite, Town
Staffordshire Moorlands: Biddulph East, Cheadle, Leek North
© 2017 Ixion Holdings (Contracts) Ltd | www.ixionholdings.com